Draft Manuscript Preparation
Please note that an author of an accepted paper MUST register for and attend the Symposium AND present the paper for it to be published in the proceedings and IEEE Xplore. Papers that do not meet these requirements will not be published. No exceptions.
Submit your manuscript through EDAS
Prospective Authors are invited to submit a FULL PAPER of 4-6 pages consisting of a complete description of the proposed technical content and applicable research results, using the online submission system. Shorter submissions may be automatically rejected. Each paper should indicate appropriateness for the scope of the Conference, originality and quality of the technical content, whole organization, and writing style. The paper should, moreover, explain the significance of the contribution and contain a list of key references. It must be prepared according to the paper preparation guidelines provided below. A submission implies willingness to register and present the work if the paper is accepted for presentation at the Conference.
Manuscripts will be reviewed by the Technical Program Committee. Authors of accepted manuscripts must submit the final paper version according to the deadline, register for the Symposium and present the paper. The maximum length for final papers is 6 pages without exceptions.
All accepted papers presented at the conference will be submitted for publication to IEEE Xplore, reporting the following statement: "This full text paper was peer-reviewed at the direction of IEEE IMS prior to the acceptance and publication".
For your convenience, the conference paper templates in various formats are available through the following link:
Each lead author must visit the EDAS web site and establish an account with a username and password. The lead author then logs in to the EDAS system to actually submit the paper via the following steps:
- Visit edas.info and click the New User button.
- Create your profile. Only the five fields with the red asterisk are required. These fields are first & last name, affiliation (company or organization), country, e-mail address, and status. When the fields are filled in, check the Privacy Policies box and click the Add Person button. (note: if you select USA as the country, you will get a message asking for your state)
- You will receive an e-mail containing your password. Your email address and the given password must later be used to access the system during the following steps, so be careful to remember it.
- You can then return to the EDAS log-in page and change your assigned password to one that is easier to remember. To do this, click on the My Profile tab, and then click on change your password. Be sure to record your user name, password and ID number for later reference.
Submission of Papers
Please login at http://edas.info/N24978 and follow the following steps:
- Select the “2019 IEEE Sensors Applications Symposium” track.
- Type in the title of the paper and enter a brief abstract of your paper. Then select the topic area your paper falls under best. [note: This will help in choosing the reviewers. The PDF of your full paper will be uploaded later]
- Click the Submit button.
- The next page you see will have a large green check mark and a statement that the paper was registered. The last row says Manuscript, and has an icon of a yellow folder next to it. Click on this icon, and then you can upload the PDF of your Full Paper on the next page.
Manuscript is used to refer to the PDF form of your full paper. You can also upload the paper by clicking the My Papers tab at the top of the screen, and then select the upload icon on the same row as the name of your paper. The upload icon (third column from the right) will open a dialog box that will enable you to select and upload the full paper file via the web or via FTP.