OPPORTUNITY TO SUBMIT PAPER TO SPECIAL ISSUE ON:
IEEE Transaction on Instrumentation and Measurement
As in previous years, there will be the opportunity for SAS authors to submit EXTENDED versions of the papers presented at the conference (including LATE RESULTS) to the TIM Journal.
The TPCs will talk about this in more details during the closing ceremony.
- Manuscripts have to show significant technical extension with respect to the conference papers (that must be explicitly included in the list of reference)
- The authors have to demonstrate the adherence of your extended paper to the TIM journal subject area (throughout literature search in the I&M field with comparison to the current work and evidence of novelty and significance)
- Please follow the TIM journal guidelines for paper submitted to special issues
You are invited to submit your manuscript from June 20 - July 10, 2019.
Further information and help:
Reta Wehimer, Editorial Assistant
Preparation for Manuscript Submission
The manuscript, together with the accompanying documents. the manuscript submission cover letter, the IEEE copyright transfer form, and the over-length page charge form” must be submitted electronically using the web-based submission system here.
Prior to submission of the manuscript, its author, especially if he/she has not yet used that system, should register and obtain a password that will enable him/her to enter the system and read Authors Instructions and Manuscript Upload Instructions. Both instructions contain information of vital importance for the problem-free submission. In particular, Authors Instructions provide the guidelines for the preparation of the manuscript. All authors of the submitted papers must individually link a valid ORCID ID to their personal page on the web-based submission system. Clear Instructions can be found in the submission section of the system. The following additional requirements must also be satisfied when submitting the manuscript:
- The manuscript must be TECHNICALLY EXTENDED beyond the scope of the proceedings paper, as mentioned above.
- At the time of submission, the authors must provide a separate file with detailed information regarding how the manuscript is a technically-extended version of the proceedings paper, as per the instructions below.
- The proceedings paper MUST be clearly referred to in the text and listed as one of the references in the special-issue manuscript.
- A PDF copy of the proceedings paper must also be submitted, as per the instructions below.
When uploading your manuscript click on “Special Issue Manuscript” in the “Manuscript Upload Instructions” page of the Allentrack System. Then, in page #1 of “Submit Manuscript” you must choose the proper Special Issue (i.e., IEEE SAS 2019 Special Issue). Subsequently, in the same page and in the “Files to Upload” section you MUST upload two additional files; one containing a detailed explanation of how the paper is TECHNICALLY EXTENDED beyond the scope of the proceedings paper and another which is a PDF copy of the SAS 2019 Proceedings paper. To this end, you must put the number “2” in the small box in front of “Extension Beyond Proceedings & Copy of Proceedings (if any was published)” so that the system allows you to upload these two files. Consequently, these two files will be available to the reviewers. Please, do not include the explanation of how the paper is technically extended beyond the scope of the proceedings paper in the cover letter, because this letter is not visible to the reviewers.
Failure to correctly submit a detailed explanation of the TECHNICALLY EXTENDED and a PDF copy of the SAS Proceedings paper will result in the immediate return of the manuscript to the author(s) as an unacceptable submission.
Notice: The SAS 2019 paper identifier should be put in the upper right-hand corner of every document to be submitted.